Join our Team!
Do you have an interest in the visual and performing arts? Interest in the community? Then join our amazing team! We’re always looking for great people to work with us. View and apply to our job postings below.
The Michael J Fox Theatre is seeking ushers who are available Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am to 6pm during the busy dance season between February to June.
Opened in 1993, this professional, community-style theatre serving the Metro Vancouver area offers a beautiful, practical and affordable venue for amateur and professional artists. The Theatre plays an important role in the life of the Burnaby Community through its steady schedule of performances, dance, theatre, music, and other community and school events. It is considered as one of the busiest venues in the Lower Mainland.
- Acting as an ambassador of the Michael J Fox Theatre and making a great first and last impression with every client, patron and visitor the Theatre.
- Greeting patrons and visitors in a clear and polite manner.
- Checking and tearing tickets and escorting patrons to their assigned seating.
- Regulating flow of patrons and guests in and out of the theatre.
- Responding to patron and guest inquiries regarding events and amenities.
- Monitoring auditorium and lobby to ensure Theatre policies and etiquette are enforced.
- Watching for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reporting to management.
- Exhibiting the ability to engage with multiple patrons and guests, prioritizing interactions and providing outstanding service.
- Maintaining order and preventing panic in a crisis.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be 15 years of age or older and legal to work in Canada.
- Must be available to work a variable schedule, including weekdays, weekends, and shifts from morning through late night with regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with patrons of all ages, genders, and personalities, fellow Front of House team members, and management, to provide exceptional guest service.
- Ability to work with noise levels that may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, lifting and carrying.
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in, and comprehend in English. Second language is an asset.
How to Apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter to M. Longridge via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Usher” in the subject line along with your availability.
Don't see the role you're looking for?
We want to hear from you. Email your cover letter, your resume, and let us know which position you are interested in to email@example.com. We will keep you on our database and contact you when openings becomes available.